Sunday, September 7, 2008

My first try at Canning.............

We went to Salina for the weekend, and I've always
wanted my mom to teach me how to make salsa.
And Guess what? Her tomatoes in her garden
were ready. So, we decided to make a few batches.
I can't believe what an all day project it was, but
it was fun to learn how to make it, and the best
part of it all was hanging out with my mom, and
having her be the one to teach me how to make it.
So, now that I have tried my hand at canning, I
might get the bug and decide to can something
at home all by myself. It took me eight years of
marriage, and 3 kids later, to finally give this a shot.
Yummm.........It turned out pretty good if I say so
myself! Thanks mom! It's moments like these that
we'll always remember!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Johnsonsblog said...

canning is such hard work but it is worth it in the end. Good job Tiff!!!! That salsa looks so good.

The Foisy's said...

K, Shauni used to bring your moms salsa to work with her and let me tell you, we ate that like were starving kids in Somalia!! It is so dang good! You guys have the cutest family! I can't believe your little cutie pie started kindergarten! They grow way too fast!

The Foisy's said...

Oh yeah, I was telling Shauni the other day that Maci looks like that actress Brittany Snow! Do you know who that is? She was in The Pacifier! She is gorgeous! And Maci looks what I imagine she looked like when she was little. I know that is so random but seriously!

Whitney said...

Yum! I want a jar. I want to learn how to can, too! I bet that salsa is incredible tasting with your parents home grown tomatoes. I miss you guys!!

Bobbi said...

I had lots of fun too!I only wish I would of felt better.... Shauni wanted so bad to be with us too...It's so hard to live this far apart. I wish so bad you all lived closer so we could do things together more often. We miss out on alot. Anyway I'm glad Savannah liked our salsa.... We'll have to get her a bottle sometime and you too Whitney!

Newby's said...

good job Tiff, your pictures are cute!

Stephanie said...

I tried canning for the first time last year. It is very satisfying and fun in a weird kind of way. I love having cans of the food on hand, but I don't know that I will ever try canning by myself. It's a whole lot of work and not nearly as much fun if you don't have girls to visit with. lol